PART-TIME RISO PRESS OPERATOR
We are a quickly growing print studio in need of another hand. This position would begin as part-time with the potential to become full-time with room for growth. Looking for a motivated individual with a passion for printing.
Role would focus on operating pressroom machinery, which could include: MZ and GR series Riso machines, Duplo booklet maker, guillotine cutter, Singer sewing machine. Casual but bustling work environment.
Prior experience printing or working at a print studio is desirable but not required. Riso Press Operator will be trained by and work directly with Sebastian.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Running various Riso print jobs
- Pre-press and setting up files, books, and zines for print
- Setting up and running the booklet maker
- Trimming, folding, collating finished jobs
- Running the thermography machine
- Hand finishing including: sewing books, collating, folding, and scoring
- Assorted tasks including shipping as needed
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Passion for print
- Ability to stand most of the day and lift boxes
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and take direction
- Must be tolerant of dogs (we have one)
Our studio is located on the first floor of our home in Lincoln University, Pennsylvania zip code 19352. An hour(ish) drive away from Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Lancaster.
- This is a part-time (20hr/wk) position
- Work hours are negotiable based on applicant's schedule
Please, no calls or unscheduled visits. Email email@example.com directly with your resume and contact information with the subject line "Riso Press Operator".
Suitable applicants will be notified via email to schedule an interview.