Past Lives is a collaborative book featuring 36 different artists. This book project was put together as a way to help support artists affected by the COVID-19 shutdown. All of the artists responded to the prompt of Past Lives, reflecting on the past and present during a worldwide pandemic.
The book is printed using a hybrid mix of Risograph duplicator ink in various colors and Riso ComColor Inkjet.
Risolve Studio is donating all of the paper, printing, and time to produce these books. Hallagan Business Machines and Office Supplies generously donated the Riso ink and consumables.
70% of the gross sales are being distributed equally among the book's contributing artists. The remaining 30% will be donated to The Loveland Foundation, who is committed to showing up for communities of color in unique and powerful ways, with a particular focus on Black women and girls. Shipping costs will be used to cover the shipping and mailing costs.
PAST LIVES WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS PRE-ORDER SALE. Pre-sales end July 22nd and the proceeds will be distributed to the artists and the foundation. The books will then go into production for shipment scheduled for late August.
- Size: 8"x12", 80 pages
- Binding: Coil bound
- Printing: Risograph duplicator and Riso ComColor Inkjet
- Holographic foil stamped covers
This project was curated and managed by Henry Gepfer.
The artists included in the book:
Megan Elaine Wirick
The front and back covers are a digital mockup. The finished look may vary.